Thursday, April 2, 2009

Never

You are flaunting the new word you learned today. NEVER. NEVER, NEVER, NEVER. I said "It's time to put your diaper and pjs on." And you said "never". You like to say it several times in a row for greater effect.

You refuse to get dressed in the morning It's driving all of us batty. I am not sure why you hate it so much. Maybe it means you have to go to daycare just afterwards.

I went away last week for a photoshoot and you got a double ear infection while I was away. I felt bad for you that I wasn't there, but somehow glad for me that I didn't have to stay up with you all night like Dada did. You had such a fever that your lips swelled up and you asked for ice to hold against your lips to keep them cool. Getting you to take your medicine is also a attle.

You have STOPPED going on the potty. You are basically rebelling one a few fronts- Getting dressing, going on the toilet, and taking medicine. I am sure it is a phase. I've tried offering you chocolate to go on the potty, and you won't even do it for that. This is SERIOUS.

You sing a song that is the lead into one of your favorite TV programs. "wonder pets, wonder pets, we are on our way, to help a ay ird and save the day.... what'd going to work? Teamwork!" The wonder pets also say THIS IS SERIOUS.

If i want you to do something, I tell you we should use teamwork and you will usually e quite happy to help me.

You will also clean up dishes and glasses you see around the house. While it is nice that you are tidy, you will take them when we aren't looking and drop them into the sink, sometimes breaking them. Oopps.

The funniest thing of late is that you get a treat each night when you leave daycare from them. Afterwards, you only want to eat sweets and are a total nightmare to be around when you are demanding candy. So Tom decided, no more sweets. Instead, he walks in the front door and gives the woman a baggie of tomatoes, grapes, slices of melon, or sliced apples to give you. You run to her so excited to get fruits and vegetables. You even call them "candies", and are excited you eat them. You seriously have not even NOTICED the difference.

As I am getting bigger, & you know it. And you take advantage. If I am trying to get you to come somewhere or do something you will hide under the dining room table and I can't get you there.

No comments: