Sunday, September 28, 2008

You're 2

You're 2 now Jude. Where did the time go?

Thursday was your birthday and we woke you up in the morning and gave you a card and a wrapped box with a car inside. It is like a hot wheel car, but quite big. About the size of a shoe. You loved it.

While you were at daycare, dada put together your new "big boy" bed. I got you car sheets, which you love, and you have a car pillow case too. We also got you a rug with streets on it so you can drive your cars on it. When I brought you home that night, I brought you into your new room and showed you your new rug for your birthday, which you LOVE, and then you noticed you didn't have a crib anymore. you looked at me like "what the hell is going on here?"

We had some pizza for dinner, we knew you'd like that, and then we had a little cake. I lit 2 candles and I asked you to blow them out. You knew exactly what to do. I'm not sure how you knew how to do it, the only person I think you have seen with a birthday cake was Michelle.

Leslie sent you a pair of Nike Shocks. You're so cool. Britty sent you a plush vest for the cold weather, which I wanted to get for you anyway- so that was perfect. Michelle got your french magazines. Nana and Papa got you some money and we got you a car with it and we will keep the rest and see about doing some sort of classes in the winter.

Yesterday we had a party for you. We invited 20 adults and 7 kids. we *thought* half or maybe a little more than half of the people would come. EVERYONE SAID THEY WOULD COME! So I cooked eggplant parm and meatball strog for all those people. We ordered you a cake that was too small, so then I had to make a tart at the last minute. The tart was delish! Today I am exhausted from running around.

You loved having all the kids here. You got tons of presents- which was not my intention at all! I was thinking not as many people would show--- oh boy! When we brought out the cake everyone sang to you, and you screamed NONONOONON! the whole time. Debbie sang louder to overpower your nos. As soon as everyone stopped singing you put your fingers in the cake. The cake had a red VW beattle on it- it was perfect. You blew the candle right out, and said "amah" (your word for "i want") until you got your piece of cake.

After opening all the presents and eating the cake. Kourtney asked me if I ever thought I would be doing this. She must have sensed how I was wondering at the exact moment "how did I get here? being here is great, but how did it all happen, and how did it all happen so fast?" I felt like I was watching myself on an episode of 30 SOMETHING. I was watching 7 kids from 6 sets of parents, chase their kids around my backyard, and each kid was on a sugar high. They were all pushing each other around, trying to get the best toy, trampling on my flowers, screaming. But they were all so cute, each with their own little personality. Each little toddler looked like a good mix of their parents, and they all have wonderful parents- and I know they will grow up to be adults that are probably lot like their great parents.

Then Kourtney asked if I thought it could get any crazier? And I don't think I really answered her because I was too busy to talk to anyone, but I thought - yes it could be crazier. i could have 2 kids.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe Jude is 2! Granted he has looked like he was two since he was 3 months old;) I love the story about the cake and him saying "NoNONO." Ha ha.

I bet he loves that rug. I think if I was Jude that would be some good fun. I am a little nervous that his mom is forgoing her chic style and incorporating car sheets into the nursery. I can let this slide as long as I can be assured that spider man sheets will not be in his future. If Jude gets car sheets..... Ava and Charly are going to expect Princess sheets!!!

Erica said...

the car sheets are from pottery barn, i think you would approve of them. they are adorable.