Sunday, February 21, 2010

Snow, Hockey, Lukey

Jude- you love snow. If it snows we head off to the tot lot down the alley and there is a small hill there. To you it seems very very, very, very, very, very big. (you repeat the word very) You can go sledding down the hill over and over again. You also love to throw snowballs. The last storm we saw a dad with an 18 month old son at the park, and you threw a snowball right in the kid's face. It was one of those moments where I stood there in utter shock wondering if my kid really just did that? After the kid stopped crying you said you were sorry, only the pelt the dad with a snowball a few minutes later. He called you Dennis the Menace, is a teasing sort of way, but also like he meant it. Whenever there is snow you want to make a snowman. Strangely enough, all the snow we have had this year is dry fluffy stuff, and it's impossible to make a snowman out of. We are expecting another storm tonight and I hope that has wet stuff for you.

That day I let you come home with a snowball and you threw it at dad in the house. That was classic!

You wear pajamas al that time. "jammas, they're cozy" you say. "mama, i need my jammas, it;s getting very late, its getting very dark." You say that in the middle of the afternoon. Your "jammas" never match either. Right now you have on superman bottoms with a camoflage top. When we go out, we have to get you dressed into real clothes, and then when we come back home its right back into the jammas.

Every morning you want to see luke right away. He is your "brother", and you also tell me his is your "best friend". You really love him, and are so good with him. Tom and I call him lukey lissel (fa-hissel ma-bissel , like a rapper would say) You actually think his name is Lukey Lissel. Hysterical.

You are also saying the funniest things. Like "you're crazy mom" "that's so crazy" "oh Christ!" I had to nip that one in the bud. That's from Dad, he says that. You also said "shut up" last week. Not good, also from your dad. Not that I am innocent, because I am prety sure that when you were saying he S word a while back that was form me. Back to funny things you say ... My name is "air ca" , your name is "jude chaw wick", if you do something on accident you say "sorry, that was a aw-sin-nick."



Luke- we call you Lukey a lot- When other families put y s and ies on the end of their kids names, I used to wince, but now I get it. It's lovely. You are such a cuddly content little guy. You are happy to watch all the action in the house. You love to watch jude run around. Sometimes I lay you on the bed and Jude jumps on the bed and falls over and that gets you giggling. Your smile melts everyone's heart. You're still getting up all hours to eat. You started eating cereal last week, and but this week you are finally starting to want to get it in your mouth to swallow it and anticipate the spoon.

You get up to eat at night still. At midnight, sometimes at 2, always at 4. Gimme a break Luke! This week I decided to let you cry out the 4 AM feeding. Except this morning I forgot I was doing that and fed you anyway. I was practically sleepwalking when I came to get you.

Dad watches you two most days while I work. We also got a membership to the Y and Jude, you love getting dropped off there to play. They have tricycles indoors to ride around on, and big wheels. They also have make believe kitchen with food. I know you would love to have one here, but I guess it is fine that you use it there. Every time I come and get you after my workout you don't want to leave.

You went to a Hockey game last night with Dad and Dale and Amelia. It was or Mia's birthday. Dad sai you were afraid of the noise in the stadium, but they put your face on the jumbotron and you loved that. You also got a signed hockey puck, a cao, which you slept with last night, and some cards of men playing hockey. When I asked you what you did last night you said you saw skate and "swish, swish" and "let m show you".... and then you pushed the puck across the floor and make smashing an swooshing noises. Too cute!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

awww...it's nice to hear what the boys are up to.